Neighbor helping Neighbor. Give NOLA Love.
Outreach Tulane 2013 will be on August 31st!!
Outreach Tulane is Tulane University’s largest and oldest community service event (this is our 23nd year!). This event is held annually to commemorate the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina and to act as an open house for service. We host over 1,000 volunteers throughout the greater New Orleans area to give student a chance to get to know the place we call home – this year we will be specifically focusing on the Central City region of New Orleans.
The theme is “For the Love of New Orleans”. This year we are celebrating our progress and the resiliency and spirit of the city because we’re proud to call it home. People continue to come from across the entire country to serve in New Orleans; we’re lucky enough to be right in the heart of it.
There are countless reasons to join in on the fun. Among them are:
- Meet new people. It’s a fantastic way to make a bunch of new friends, and/or reconnect with old ones.
- Discover New Orleans. Tulane is a great place to go to school in large part because of the unique city that surrounds it. There is no place like New Orleans! Outreach is a perfect chance to explore the city, get to know the local people, and discover cool spots to visit.
- Explore public service opportunities. Whether it’s for a service-learning class or simply because you want to give back – you will get involved in public service- it is part of the Tulane Experience. Outreach is your first taste of experiences to come. Whether it is beautifying schools and neighborhoods, tutoring school children, building homes, landscaping, serving the elderly, feeding the homeless, or being “green”, there is something for everyone.
- Get involved. If you are interested in starting or leading a community service event this is a must-have experience!
- PARTY!!! After the long day of service we will all be gathering in the community to celebrate New Orleans style with our community partners! It will be an awesome chance to really fortify the bridges we’ll be making throughout the day! This is year the after party will be in A.L. Davis park complete with all the food and music you could possibly want.
For The Love of New Orleans. Period.